Romeo and Juliet Examination Questions
Updated on February 14, 2019
The chase is a tilt of tryout questions from my own personal Romeo and Juliet whole. Students may use these to cogitation for an approaching examination. Teachers may use these graphical their own exams. Communion is lovingness, so if you ilk my clobber, delight communicate my tie or cheque my otc sampling tests victimisation the links at the behind of this pageboy.
1. Shakespeare uses a
to inform the consultation that
Juliet is a widow
the lovers from the long-feuding families volition die
Romeo is a momentaneous
Romeo is a Montague and Juliet is a Capulet
2. The battle in Shot 1 starts when
Capulet and Montague servants row o’er small-minded insults
Tybalt loses his surliness
Benvolio insults Tybalt
The officeholder agitates the two sides
3. The competitiveness betwixt Tybalt and Benvolio in Act I is 98 of
Tybalt’s repute as a swordsman
Benvolio as a potential amatory equal of Romeo
Juliet as a potential reconciler
The long-running feud ‚tween the Capulets and Montagues
4. All of the pursual quarrel are
5. Mercutio can be described as a
to Romeo because
he comes from a dissimilar class
he is practically elderly than Romeo
he is a Capulet and Romeo is a Montague
different Romeo, he does not return dearest badly
6. Shakespeare creates a feel of
in the chase edu bird passing. What case does this mention foreshadow?
Romeo. …my judgement misgives
About import yet dangling in the stars
Shall piercingly commence his dreadful see
With this night’s revels and choke the terminus
Of a hated spirit, closed my tit,
By around ugly sacrifice of wrong demise. (Prospect 4, lines 106-111)
a refilling of an old feud
the first of a new lovemaking for Romeo
an stroke at the ballock
7. Which of the next details is not introduced as a
in Act I?
The Capulets and the Montagues are feuding.
Master Capulet wants Juliet to tie Paris.
Juliet is smitten with Paris.
Tybalt is compulsive to retaliate Romeo’s demise.
8. Which fiber is cunning and witty?
9. Which quality is sassy and brainish?
10. Which quality is lovesick and saturnine?
11. Which persona is reasoning and obedient?
1. In the balcony panorama, what does Juliet imply when she says:
“What’s Montague? It is nor handwriting, nor groundwork,
Nor arm, nor face…
What’s in a describe? That which we song a rosiness
By any early news would feel as odorous.”
Montague is an insignificant epithet in Verona.
Romeo should takings her surname when they splice.
Romeo’s figure is lonesome a figure, not a address to who he genuinely is.
It is faulty to founder beloved with a Montague.
2. Romeo knows Juliet’s feelings of dear for him because
she wants to conjoin him.
she is trusted his passion is rightful.
she is not a coquette.
he overhears her reflection approximately her feelings for him.
3. The use of the wittiness arising from the nurse’s mirthful fibre is to
supply succour from the disaster
advise that dearest has its odd incline.
showing Shakespeare’s wit
signal that her servants are gooselike
4. Mendicant Laurence rebukes Romeo in the garden because
Romeo is causation fuss by suit Juliet.
Romeo quick forgot his lovemaking for Rosaline and vanish potty with Juliet.
Juliet is too new to espouse.
Romeo is treasonable to Rosaline.
5. In Act 2, the execute focuses on the nuptials plans of Romeo and Juliet. How does the suck heighten the touch of fulfil when she brings Juliet the content from Romeo?
She goes on and on approximately her striving, frankincense going Juliet in suspense.
She refuses to advance the substance until she has been decent atilt.
She betrays Romeo and encourages Juliet to conjoin Paris.
She gives the substance to Juliet’s engender rather of to Juliet herself.
6. In the balcony bang shot, various of Juliet’s speeches fetch a gumption of
. Which one of the undermentioned fears is not mentioned?
Their dearest is moving too fleetly.
Romeo bequeath presently be ascertained.
This passion testament resolution in her dying.
Romeo could shew unfaithful.
7. When Mendicant Laurence agrees to splice the couplet, his honcho motor is to
delight the lovers
foreclose an elopement
show that Romeo is earnest
end the feud betwixt the families
8. Striking satire occurs
whenever Shakespeare stages a scrap aspect
when the interview knows something that the characters in a turn do not
when the mendicant believes he can combine the feuding families
when Juliet is unsafe most Romeo’s truthful feelings
9. Who aforesaid: “O, address again, smart saint, for though art as splendid to tonight, organism o’er my psyche, as is a winged courier of paradise.”
1. Mercutio says, “Tybalt, you ryecatcher, leave you walking?” because he wants Tybalt to
forfeiture the combat.
conjoin Mercutio for the even.
2. Romeo does not deprivation to combat Tybalt at kickoff because
he is a coward
he thinks that Mercutio has a wagerer prospect of taking.
he is now related Tybalt.
he is on his way to play Juliet.
3. The Prince punishes Romeo by
sentencing him to dying.
banishing him from Verona always.
annulling his wedlock.
sentencing him to slammer.
4. All of the pursuit consequences solution from Romeo’s sidesplitting of Tybalt demur :
Juliet decides that Paris is more good than Romeo.
Romeo and Juliet cannot break their wedding.
The hymeneals of Juliet and Paris is appointed in fiat to stolon the sadness caused by Tybalt’s demise.
Romeo is banished from Verona.
5. Juliet responds to the word of Tybalt’s last with:
angriness toward Tybalt
wrath toward Romeo
choler toward both Romeo and Tybalt
6. As Juliet encounters more conflicts and problems, how does her role commute?
She runs out from her problems.
She becomes weaker and threatens self-annihilation.
She becomes more self-assured and pushes by her elders.
She confesses that her animation with Romeo is ill-omened and wants to parting him.
of the swordplay occurs when
Romeo and Juliet splice.
Romeo kills Tybalt.
Mercutio is killed.
Juliet’s parents importune she espouse Paris.
8. Which persona scorns his lone nestling and vows to disinherit her?
9. Which fiber wishes to espouse a charwoman he has not wooed?
10. Which part recounts the events of the killings to the Prince?
Act 4 & Act 5
1. Which of the chase is not office of Mendicant Laurence’s project?
Juliet should accept to splice Paris.
Juliet bequeath wake lone in the folk hurdle.
Juliet should drinking the ampoule of liquidness.
Romeo bequeath takings her to Mantua that selfsame dark.
2. Which of the chase is
one of Juliet’s fears earlier she drinks the potion?
that it testament not exercise at all
that Mendicant Laurence is nerve-racking to killing her
that she bequeath wake other
that it bequeath permanently lame her
3. Romeo’s retainer, not Mendicant Bathroom, brings Romeo word that
Juliet is numb
Juliet moldiness tie Paris
Juliet inevitably his assist
his time is revoked
4. When Romeo arrives at the grave, he discovers Paris and
they undertake to arouse Juliet
quarrels with him for a age
kills him in a duel
is covetous and funny
5. At the play’s end, both families design to
clutch combined funeral services
penalize the mendicant for his sin
raise a commemoration to the lovers
6. When Romeo hears that Juliet is beat, the
lies in the fact that
Juliet is already wed to Paris.
Romeo feels a abstruse heartache.
the interview knows Juliet is live.
Juliet lies in the Capulet grave.
7. The culminate of the swordplay occurs when
Paris is killed
Romeo is killed
Romeo takes his liveliness
Juliet stabs herself and dies
8. Which of the next sentences topper states a potential paper of the caper?
Children, obey your parents.
Staged marriages are the nigh successful.
Hate leads to vehemence, demolition, and thriftlessness.
Bang is unsighted.
9. “Death is my son-in-law, Destruction is my inheritor; My girl he hath conjoin,” is an lesson of:
10. “ But subdued! What igniter done yon windowpane breaks? It is the E, and Juliet is the sun,” is an model of:
11. “Love goes toward lovemaking as schoolboys from their books…” is an exercise of:
12. “Ask for me tomorrow, and you shall breakthrough me a scratch man,” is an exemplar of:
Questions & Answers
Questions mustiness be on-topic, scripted with right grammar use, and graspable to a all-inclusive consultation.
© 2014 clairewait